Agency OverviewBusiness and Enterprise Development Marketing and CommunicationsTourism, Film and the Arts
Maryland's one-stop economic development shop strives to attract new businesses, stimulate private investment, encourage the expansion and retention of existing companies and provide Maryland business with workforce training and financial assistance. The Department markets local products and services at home and abroad.
Key Programs & Services
• Business information and economic analysis
• Site location services for relocations and expansions
• Incentive tax credits and training grants
• Finance and training programs
• Consulting services
• Foreign direct investment promotion
• Export assistance
• American Recovery and Reinvestment Act assistance
One of 20 agencies within Maryland's Executive Branch, the Department has approximately 240 employees and an FY2013 budget of nearly $120 million, including InvestMaryland funds.
The Department's objectives are carried out by three divisions:
The Agency has 12 boards and commissions. The Division of Administration and Technology provides systems development, data processing and tech support, services and standards to the Department.