Recent trends reflect increased globalization, diversification of resources and the
essential collaboration between government, business and industry.
· Growth in commercial space products and services
· Space technologies being utilized by other industries
· Program expansion by foreign governments
· Increasing activities in space by the military
· Space technologies adoption to support Earth sciences
· Commercial human spaceflight
Maryland is ideally prepared to respond and adapt to changes in the space industry and benefit from the nascent focus on climate change and commercial space opportunities.